The Vampire Facelift is a unique therapy that involves the use of one’s own injectable blood-derived platelet growth factors, as well as either hyaluronic acid (HA) filler or calcium The goal of the procedure is to restore facial beauty and youthfulness. The Vampire Facelift procedure necessarily consists of an evaluation of the patient, the drawing and centrifugation of the patient’s blood, and the injection of an HA filler or the calcium chloride activated, patient-derived platelet-rich fibrin matrix (PRFM).
The Vampire Facial is an option for patients that have not experienced extensive facial volume loss. It is essentially a re-surfacing of the exterior layer of the face.
The Beauty of Vampire Facial
The Vampire Facial involves micro needling of the facial dermis and the application of Platelet Rich Fibrin Matrix to the face. The process of micro needling creates tiny punctures. When the PRFM is applied to the face it absorbed through the punctures and into the skin.
THE PROCEDURE IN 8 SIMPLE STEPS
The novel Vampire Facelift procedure, patented by Charles Runels, MD, consists of 8 simple steps that are described below:
1. An evaluation of the patient to develop a strategy that best suits his or her facial structure.
2. The application of numbing cream to increase comfort.
3. A phlebotomy that involves the drawing of one to two tablespoons of a patient’s own blood.
4. Centrifugation i.e. spinning of the blood.
5. Extraction of platelets from the centrifuged tube and activation with calcium chloride to release platelet-rich growth factors.
6. Injection of an HA filler or calcium into the platelet rich plasma to be used to sculpt according to the patient’s unique facial structure.
7. Injection of platelet rich fibrin matrix (PRFM) into the patient’s face.
8. Micro needling of the face and application of (PRFM) to the surface and subcutaneous area.